Saturday, May 2, 2015

Turkey Quinoa Muffins

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to make it for myself last night and it is fabulous!  The great thing about this recipe is that it can still be one that could be just for yourself.  Because it's made in a muffin tin it makes it really easy to freeze some for a later date. The portion size is also great.

Turkey Quinoa Muffins:

1 lb. ground turkey
1 medium carrot diced
1 green onion chopped
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

*side note: it calls for red quinoa but I just used regular.  Also when I made my quinoa I did 2 cups of vegetable broth to 1 cup dry quinoa.  It makes more than needed for this recipe but gives me leftovers for another meal.  One other thing, the recipe calls for 3/4 cup cooked quinoa but I used almost a full cup.* 

 Yields 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 375 and bake about 30-35 minutes.  Make sure turkey is cooked all the way through.


Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine really well.

Lightly grease a muffin tin and roll about 3 tablespoons of mixture into a ball and place it in a muffin hole.  I think I may have used about 1/4 a cup on each muffin ball.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes and let cool for a couple of minutes before removing from pan.  I served them alongside a baby kale salad and fresh strawberries that I drizzled with raw honey.  This is a super simple meal and great for leftovers and portion control. Simply Delicious.

 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment