Monday, April 27, 2015

Whole Wheat Pancakes

These pancakes are incredible!  I have always ate the basic pancakes that I slathered a bunch of butter and sugary syrup on and now I can never imagine eating them again.  These whole wheat pancakes are absolutely delicious.

Whole Wheat Pancakes:

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon raw honey
3 tablespoons oil (vegetable)
1 cup almond milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons nut butter (I use almond)


  
First stir the honey and oil together in a bowl


Add milk, egg and nut butter and beat well.


Mix dry ingredients into the liquids until flour is moistened.  I end up adding a little water because I like my batter thinner when I cook pancakes.


Cook them like any other pancake.  Preheated skillet on medium heat.  I topped mine with some fresh, sliced strawberries and about a tablespoon of pure maple syrup.  Since I'm the only one that eats them in my house the batter amount will make enough for two different breakfasts.  It stores well in a container in the fridge.  Simply Delicious


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment