Monday, April 13, 2015

Pasta with Chunky Tomato Sauce

Tonight I wanted something light and flavorful.  I made my family spaghetti and since I couldn't eat their noodles or their sauce I decided to create my own "spaghetti".  I used gluten free pasta but use noodles of your choice.

Pasta with Chunky Tomato Sauce:

1 can vegetable broth
2 handfuls tomatoes of choice (I used a variety of cherry)
1 lb. package pasta of choice
1 small onion chopped
1 carrot diced
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup sliced olives
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
sprinkle of cinnamon

*you can definitely add a different variety of vegetables to this*

This made enough sauce for my dinner and my lunch tomorrow.  So plan accordingly for more people.

Put the vegetable broth in a skillet with the tomatoes and garlic cloves.  My bigger tomatoes I cut in half and I left the little ones whole.  Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15-20 minutes.  At this time bring your water to boil for the pasta and cook it according to the package.

After the tomatoes have simmered add the onions, carrots, olives and spices.  When adding the cinnamon just sprinkle it across the top lightly.  I know it sounds a little different but cinnamon is so yummy with pasta sauces.

Keep simmering while the pasta cooks and until onion and carrot are tender.  Then serve on top of pasta.  You can serve it by draining the broth off or add it to the dish.  Simply Delicious 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment