Saturday, April 4, 2015

Chocolate Mousse

So this chocolate mousse is sugar free, dairy free and delicious! Wait what???  Yes... SUGAR FREE AND DAIRY FREE!!! I saw this recipe come up on Deliciously Ella's blog and I had to make it so I could determine for myself if it lived up to the picture on the blog.  Wow!!  I could eat the whole bowl!

Chocolate Mousse:

2 ripe bananas
1 ripe avocado
6 medjool dates (pitted)
2 heaping teaspoons almond butter
2-3 heaping teaspoons 100% cocoa powder
4 tablespoons water

 

The recipe calls for a food processor.  I don't have one so I used a few different things.  A little time consuming on my part but totally worth it.  So if you have a food processor it should be a breeze!  I pureed my dates in my ninja single serving cup and then added them with all other ingredients in a bowl.

I then used a hand mixer and finished it off with a high speed single blade mixer.  Whatever method you use, keep pureeing it until it is smooth and creamy.  It makes a delicious mousse that is TOTALLY GUILT FREE!!!  I highly recommend trying this.  Even my kids thought it was great!  Then the other great addition is a topping.  There are so many different things you could try but for my own I added a few frozen raspberries and shaved some of my superfood Aloha chocolate on top. Simply Delicious



 

No comments:

Post a Comment