Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti

This was a new recipe that I tried on my family tonight and it turned out great.  Make sure if your chicken is frozen that it thaws naturally and not quickly in the microwave.  Also you can make this recipe with either chicken strips or breasts.

Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti:

4-5 chicken breasts
2 eggs
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (or other frying oil)
2-24 oz. jars of marinara sauce
sliced monterey jack cheese
16 oz. package spaghetti noodles

375 degrees for 20-25 minutes

I used a hammer to flatten out my chicken breasts.  Yes, a hammer works great if you don't have a meat mallet. I hammer out the chicken to make it thinner because it cooks quicker and I think the thinner chicken has a better texture when using as an entree topper.  To cook the chicken you are going to follow my same recipe for Parmesan chicken strips but this one I used the whole egg not just the whites.  If you haven't seen my other post, dip each breast in the egg and then the Parmesan/bread crumb mixture and then cook in a preheated skillet on medium.

Lightly coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and spread the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan.  After the chicken is cooked all the way through, place it in a single layer on top of the marinara.  

Put sliced monterey jack cheese on top of the chicken.  I used sliced but I'm sure shredded would work just as good.  After you get the chicken topped with cheese bake it at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.

While it's baking in the oven, boil the pasta according to the package and then drain.  I paired the chicken Parmesan with a Caesar salad that has my homemade croutons in it.  The croutons are also in a previous post and are simple to make.  This dinner is great and extremely easy to make.  Enjoy! Simply Delicious


 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment