Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Swedish Meatballs over Egg Noodles

I used to make this and make the meatballs by hand and it got to where I didn't make them very often because of the time it took.  Now it's super easy since I use a bag of frozen pre-made meatballs.

Swedish Meatballs over Egg Noodles:

1/2 (20 oz bag) of frozen meatballs or roughly 6 meatballs a person
1 lb. bag egg noodles
4 oz of sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup beef stock
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 dried rosemary

*side note:  before starting the sauce I cooked the meatballs according to package in the oven.  When they were halfway through their cooking time I started the sauce.

In a pot whisk together the beef stock, whipping cream, soy sauce, flour, rosemary, and black pepper  until smooth.  Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.

After the sauce thickens add the sliced mushrooms and the meatballs.  Continue to heat on low heat while the noodles are cooking.

 

 When I made this the other night I doubled the sauce recipe, including the meatballs.  It's really easy and is very delicious.  The kids also ate it like crazy. Simply Delicious

 


No comments:

Post a Comment