Saturday, February 28, 2015

Overnight Oats

If you doing any sort of meal prep, want a yummy healthy breakfast, or always seem to be in a hurry in the morning let me suggest making Overnight Oats.  I know the recipe has circulated around social media but I thought I would blog it and make it more accessible.

Overnight Oats:

1 tbs chia seeds
1/3 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs chopped pecans
Mixed berries to top
Shredded coconut to top

These ingredients are the ones used from the recipe I took it from but remember there's lots of variations on what to add or take out.  Skip the nuts if you don't like them or have an allergy, or like I did and substitute different types of nuts.  I used:

1 tbs chopped almonds
1 tbs chopped pistachios

Also the topping can be just about any fruit you want and there are so many variations that you can do. And when adding the milk you can use the milk of your choice.  The healthy choice is almond but others would make it equally delicious!

I mixed the dry ingredients (chia, almonds, pistahios and oats) in a bowl first

Then I added in the wet ingredients and mixed it all together.  If you are using a bowl, cover it in saran wrap and put in the fridge.  If you are using a jar, place the lid back on top.  Store in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, uncover and stir.



For my topping I thawed 4 frozen strawberries that I then smashed with a fork until it made a puree, I thawed about a 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries, sliced about a 1/4 fresh nectarine and sprinkled some unsweetened coconut on top.  Super easy and healthy.  Be creative with your toppings and add a bunch of colors. Simply Delicious.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment