Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Crock Pot Pie

This is a dinner that I created a few years ago that is simple and yummy.  It is somewhat of a take off of Shepard's Pie.  I love that it's made in the crock pot and can cook while I'm at work.

Crock Pot Pie:

1-1.5 ground hamburger
1 small onion chopped
4-5 red potatoes
1 can green beans
1 can corn
1 family size can cream of mushroom soup

cook on low in crock pot 6-8 hours

I used a smaller crock pot for the amount I was making

*Side Note:  You can omit the meat, add mushrooms, peas, carrots, OR replace hamburger with chicken and use cream of chicken soup instead.

 

Brown the hamburger with the onion and then drain the fat.

Cut the potatoes into slices.



For preference I mixed the cream of mushroom soup with some sour cream.  This is optional.  It is still delicious without using the sour cream.

Lightly spray the crock pot with cooking spray.  Place half the hamburger/onion on the bottom.  Layer with 1/2 the can of green beans, 1/2 the can of corn, a layer of the sliced potatoes and half of the soup.  Then repeat the layering process over with the other half.


 Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I also added some grated cheese on top. Simply Delicious 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment