Monday, March 9, 2015

Chili-Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus and Lemon

I googled recipes the other day using fresh lemons and came across this fish recipe that I wanted to try.  Oh man!  It was fantastic.  If you don't like fish this rub would be great with chicken also.  If you haven't given tilapia a chance yet then you are missing out.  My daughter isn't big on fish but she really enjoys tilapia.  It's a really mild fish and easy to cook.

Chili-Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus and Lemon:

2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound tilapia fillets (I used 2 fillets)
2 pounds asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lemon cut into wedges

*side note:  my family ate rice pilaf (out of a box) and even though I love rice pilaf I ate a side of quinoa with dried cherries.  The recipe for the quinoa is on my blog.  Also my kids had their fish dipped in bread crumbs and cooked with coconut oil.  So if you are doing more than two fillets I would adjust the rub accordingly.*



Combine the chili powder, garlic powder and salt and then spread it out on a plate.

 

Cover the fillet on both sides with the rub. Cook in a preheated skillet on medium heat.  I used coconut oil but olive oil would work just as well.  Cook it about 5-7 minutes a side.  When you squeeze it with tongs it should respond kind of like a sponge to tell if it's done.
While the fish is cooking on the second side start the asparagus.  I simply steamed mine in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.  

I usually don't like lemon on fish but I did put lemon juice on my fish while it was still really hot and also put some lemon juice on my asparagus.  To go with my side of quinoa I toasted some cashews to put on top to give it an earthy taste.  This was a really yummy and healthy dinner.  I will definitely be making it again. Simply Delicious






 

No comments:

Post a Comment