Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Smoothie with Steel Cut Oats

Adding oats to a smoothie is a great way to stay fuller longer in the morning. My friend gave this recipe to me when I was taking suggestions on using oats. It's really delicious and thick.  I will post the recipe with the full serving amount but my picture is showing the recipe cut in half.  I knew I wouldn't be able to drink a whole one so I cut everything in half.

Smoothie with Steel Cut Oats:

1 banana
1/2 cup steel cut oats
8 oz. almond milk
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
1 scoop protein powder

Put all ingredients into blender and mix until well blended.  I paired mine with 1/4 cups frozen mixed berries.  Remember berries have lots of antioxidants AND frozen berries make a great snack and if you don't like them frozen they thaw out rather quickly.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment