Monday, March 16, 2015

Zucchini Pasta

Tonight was one of those nights where I couldn't eat the chicken alfredo I was making for my family so I decided to create something for myself.  I was very pleased with the outcome.  It was really yummy!  So the amounts I used listed below are for one person so adjust accordingly.  I also just purchased a spiraling tool and decided to make zucchini noodles instead of eating regular pasta noodles.

Zucchini Pasta:

1 medium zucchini spiraled
1/3 cup precooked chicken breast cubed
handful cherry tomatoes cut in fourths
3-4 mushrooms sliced
1 tablespoon cilantro torn up
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
dash of dried thyme
dash of dried oregano


Heat some oil in a skillet and add the zucchini spirals.  Cook for a few minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients.
 
After it cooks for a few minutes and the mushrooms are starting to get tender it's done.  If you don't eat chicken it would be just as good to omit the meat or replace it with tofu. Simply Delicious.










No comments:

Post a Comment