Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Vegetarian Lasagna in a Cup

Tonight was hard for me.  I made my mom's lasagna for my family and I'm trying to cut a bunch of stuff when I eat and limit things and on and on and on.  My mom's lasagna is already posted on here and I definitely encourage you to make it.  It's the best! So anyways....I was deciding what I could do to eat a healthier version of lasagna.  And I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

This was so easy.  I made a sweet potato in the microwave and then cut it into circles.  I also had some left over kale and quinoa soup in the fridge that I drained any liquid from. I sliced some zucchini and used some sliced mushrooms.

To assemble it I used a custard sized baking dish.  I put a layer of sweet potatoes on the bottom, then a layer of the kale and quinoa soup, a layer of mushrooms, a layer of zucchini and then top it off with a layer of sweet potatoes. The top layer of sweet potato was without the skin.  The bottom layer I left the skin on to make it more solid.

I baked it at 375 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.  When it was done I slid a fork around the edges and put a small plate on top and then flipped it over.  This was all by chance that it would work.  And I was so excited!  It worked!!! Then I topped it with some fresh parsley.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment