Thursday, January 22, 2015

Ham Rolls

This recipe I got from one of my friends several years ago and we love it.  Ok, so it looks and sounds like a heart attack in a pan but really worth it.  The way I see it is that I don't eat rich food like this every day so why not live a little. :)

Ham Rolls:

1 bag frozen shredded potatoes (thawed)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Black Forest Ham
8-10 oz. shredded swiss cheese

350 degrees for 1 hour

*side note:  I bought my ham at Costco which make more of a "bite size" roll.  If you buy your ham in a grocery store deli make sure that it isn't cut too thin.  Tell the grocer that it needs to be thick enough to bake in the oven.*


In a large mixing bowl add the shredded potatoes (thawed), cream of chicken soup and the sour cream

Stir these ingredients together and then add the shredded cheese.  You can add the cheese in with the other ingredients to begin with but I find it easier to stir if I add the cheese in second.


Use a 9x13 pan, take a piece of the ham and put a generous helping of the mixture in the middle.  Wrap the ham around the mixture and put it seam side down in the pan.

Continue doing this until entire pan is full.  I always end up with some leftover mixture that I end up not using.  If you want to shove it in the pan that works too.

Then cover the top with shredded Swiss cheese.  I used about 10 ounces.  It depends how cheesy you want it to be.

After an hour check it to see if all cheese is melted to your liking.  I also let it set for a few minutes before serving.

And to help with the heart attack pan I paired it with some fresh vegetables that I seasoned with oregano and garlic powder. Simply Delicious




 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment