Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wrap It Up

I am loving the creativity when making wraps.  I was looking at what I had in my fridge today and made a really yummy new wrap and I am so excited to share it with you.

 Ok, so can we please take a minute and be excited about this???  I took a brick of cream cheese that I softened and mix it with about half a can of whole berry cranberry sauce to use as a spread.  If you want to be healthier then use plain Greek yogurt but fold the cranberries in don't stir them.  Stirring yogurt will thin it out and won't work as well as a spread.  Anyways, back to this amazing wrap. Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese and leave the edge plain.
 Oh man...now a layer of butter lettuce.  If you haven't tried this type of lettuce you are missing out.  It is buttery.  This lettuce also makes an amazing salad with pears, blue cheese, walnuts and balsamic vinegar but I'll make that at a later time.  Put a layer of lettuce on top of spread and I added a little bit of the whole cranberry sauce to give it a slight tartness in taste.
 Then put a layer of some deli turkey meat.  I just made it one layer thick and focused more on the lettuce and upcoming cucumbers.  You can definitely increase the meat here or use tofu or hummus,  or just use vegetables also.  I again used the vegetable peeler to make thin slices of cucumber.
Wrap it up in wax paper like previous "wrap" post and cut in half.  This wrap doesn't need any dressing due to the cranberry spread. Simply Delicious


No comments:

Post a Comment