Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Refried Beans and Cheese Enchiladas

I work with a lady that has a really restricted diet due to issues with her throat.  She has a hard time swallowing but said that she likes bean and cheese enchiladas.  So I decided to try a pan of them before I left for work this morning but I'm still waiting to hear from her if they get a thumbs up.  I tasted them today and I thought they were great.

Refried Beans and Cheese Enchiladas:

2 cans refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Mexican style)
12 small corn tortillas
24 ounce can chile verde sauce (I used mild)
Cooking Spray

350 degree oven, bake for 35-40 minutes

Empty the beans and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese and combine in a microwavable bowl and heat for 1 minute.  Stir it around and then heat for about 45 more seconds.  You want the cheese to melt.

Put some of the verde sauce on a plate.  Heat 3 corn tortillas at a time for 30 seconds.  Then dip each side of the tortilla in the sauce.

Fill a tortilla with some of the bean mixture and wrap the tortilla around.

Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray.  Line the 9x13 pan with the enchiladas and cover the top with more of the verde sauce.  I didn't use the whole can but totally done by preference.  Then put on the rest of the shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes and cover the top with aluminum foil.

Ok, so not the best picture of food presentation.  It was taken at school and you'll just have to believe me when I say they are yummy.  You can always use enchilada sauce, something besides mild and you can also add onions in the first step of heating up the beans and cheese.  Enjoy!  Simply Delicious
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment