Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Mama's "Should Be" Famous Lemon Cake

So a bunch of my friends have had this cake and not one has said it's not delicious.  I'm not kidding when I say this cake should be famous.  It truly is the best lemon cake in the entire world!

My Mom's "Famous" Lemon Cake:

Lemon Cake Mix
3 oz. pkg. lemon jello
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water

Bake @ 325 for 40-45 minutes
Spray bottom of pan
Remove from oven and prick with a fork

Icing:

mix 2 cups of powdered sugar
juice from 3 lemons
1 T grated lemon rind



Mix the cake mix, jello packet, eggs, oil and water in a bowl.
 
spread mix in a 9x13 that has been sprayed.  It can be a glass pan or metal.  I like this PAM baking spray for when I'm baking desserts or muffins. It has flour added to it and works great.

After you remove the cake from the oven prick the top with a fork. Make sure to prick it all over this will help the icing soak into the cake.  Prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with the lemon juice and rind zest.

Pour the icing over the top of the cake.  I let the cake cool for a little while before doing the icing part.  It will pool up in the middle like the picture below.  I use a spoon and keep spreading it over the entire top and over the sides.  You want every piece of cake covered in the icing.


After it is all soaked in it is ready to enjoy!
 

This is the kind of cake that one piece isn't enough so you use your fork and eat straight from the pan.  When I make this cake I miss my mom and her cooking. Best Cake Ever! Simply Delicious






No comments:

Post a Comment