Wednesday, January 7, 2015

That's A Wrap

Oh My Yum!!!

I created this wrap a couple of days ago and I'm pretty sure I could eat it every day.  It is amazing!  It's very simple but there are a couple of things you need to think of ahead.  I had made rice noodles the night before with our stir fry dinner so I already had some noodles left over. The second make ahead item is a chicken breast.  I cooked it in coconut oil and sliced it really thin.  One breast will make two wraps.

There's not a recipe on the amount to use other than it needs to fit in the tortilla when it comes time to wrapping it up.
You can use any kind of tortilla you want, flour, gluten free, low carbs...mine is a spinach garden herb wrap tortilla (very yummy)

 I start with the tortilla already on a piece of wax paper for future convenience.   The first ingredient I put down is the Asian salad mix.  This mix is great it has kale, romaine, cabbage, green onions and carrots.  You can find it in the produce department where the other bagged salads are located.  I love getting these kits because they come with other mix-in ingredients and some sort of corresponding dressing.
 When you put the first layer, cover a majority of the tortilla leaving a little on one edge free of all ingredients.
 Side note:  These rice noodles are fantastic!  I only used half of the package and that made dinner for my family and left enough left over for three wraps.  They stay great in the fridge but I added a small amount of water to the container to keep them moist.  They are delicious cold so don't worry about heating them up.
 Place a layer of the rice noodles on the cabbage mix.  I was pretty generous with how many noodles I used just because I really like them.  So the amount is to your liking.
 Add your layer of chicken, or tofu if you are vegetarian, to add extra protein.  And your layer of cucumber.  When adding an ingredient in a wrap you want it to be able to roll smoothly and not have pieces that are too big so the vegetable peeler is really handy to make thin slices of cucumber.  I also always use English cucumbers.  You don't have to peel them and they have a better taste to them.
 Final layer is some almonds and wonton strips.  These were provided in the salad mix.
 Roll up the wrap and then wrap it in the wax paper.  I then slice it through the wax paper and adhere a piece of tape on each half to keep the wax paper in place.  I then wrap each half individually in saran wrap to keep it tight and in place.  Then use some of the sesame ginger dressing, also provided in the salad bag, to dip the wrap in.  Simply delicious!
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I also love that you said "Add your layer of chicken, or tofu if you are vegetarian, to add EXTRA protein". You rock!

    ReplyDelete