Sunday, January 18, 2015

Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

I made these oven roasted cherry tomatoes earlier in the day so that I could use them with my dinner tonight.  I used grape tomatoes instead of cherry because that's what I had on hand.  They made a great accent to our dinner and you can store the extras in the fridge in a closed container for up to five days.

Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:

1 pint cherry tomatoes (2 cups)
3-5 garlic cloves
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of salt and coarse black pepper

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and roast for 2.5 hours.  Turning once halfway through.



Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise, and do the same with the garlic cloves.  Put in a bowl, add the 2 tablespoons olive oil and the salt and pepper.  Stir until all the tomatoes are coated with the oil.
 

Spread the tomatoes and garlic out on a cookie sheet that is covered with wax paper.
 


Put in oven preheated at 250 degrees for 2.5 hours.  I set the timer for 1.25 hours, stirred them around, and then set the timer for another 1.25 hours.  They smell delicious and add a great sweet and tangy taste to recipes. Simply Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment