Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It's a wrappin' Caesar

I have a friend who went to the store and bought some wraps which she has never done before.  This is very exciting because trying something new can lead to so many new amazing foods to try that you never would have thought to try in the first place.  So I sent her a message and told her that I would create another wrap.  And introducing....Caesar salad wrap.  I wanted a spread that would give it that Caesar salad taste but would work for a spread. So I started searching and found this recipe that I only tweaked a little.

Creamy Caesar Dip:

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
1/4 cup creamy Caesar dressing
1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

*side note:  this is the recipe cut in half.  It makes enough for 3-4 wraps, or is also great with some fresh cut up vegetables.
Substitutions I made:  I replaced sour cream with Greek yogurt and also mayonnaise with olive oil mayo.



It's as simple as adding everything to a bowl, mixing it up and putting it in the fridge.  I made it the night before and it took less than 5 minutes to make. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
 


So fast forward to the morning while I'm getting ready for work. I smashed the chicken to flatten it. I don't have a meat tenderizer so I use a ziploc bag and the bottom of a heavy mug.  It works great!  I then cooked them in a preheated skillet with some coconut oil.


For the wrap I used:

Spinach wrap tortilla
1/2 chicken breast
romaine lettuce
prepared creamy Caesar dip
shredded Parmesan cheese
cracked black pepper


Spread a generous amount of the dip, and like all other wraps don't put the spread all the way to the edge.  Layer the romaine lettuce.  I also used quite a bit of lettuce but that's a personal liking.  Then I cubed 1/2 a chicken breast into chunks and spread around the top of the lettuce.  Last but not least I topped it off with some shredded Parmesan and fresh ground black pepper.
 

I love creating something that is so easy and so unbelievably delicious!  Let me know what you think!  Simply Delicious


No comments:

Post a Comment